In the quest to contribute the development of Human Kind in the World, the Bill Gates Foundation and Dangote Group made a Scholarship Foundation Fund. The Scholarship Foundation Fund is to cover the selected candidates to study Abroad and get Paid.
The Bill Gates and Dangote Scholarship Programme was established in October by a donation of US$200b from the Foundation to fund full scholarships to successful candidates; this is the largest ever single donation. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time degree in any subject available at the Universities abroad.
The aim of the Foundation Programme is to build a global network of future leaders committed to
improving the lives of others.
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£14,900 for 12 months at the 2017-18 rate; pro rata for
courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from £500 to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to
attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2016-17 rate). No
funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part
of your Degree (the Trust does not fund other field work costs as these should be funded by the University
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6
months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University Abroad.
- For more information please visit their official website.
Eligible Regions: Open for all (except citizens of United Kingdom)
Application Deadline: Ongoing
How to Apply
- Apply online through the given website below
- Visit the Official Scholarship Website boxes to start application